Why CMA (Certified Management Accountant)?
Probably most of the accountants heard someone at least once telling them that they need to take the CMA (Certified Management Accountant) but the question is why they really need it so much? There is so many answers for that question but first what is the CMA (Certified Management Accountant)?
What is the CMA (Certified Management Accountant)?
For 50 years the CMA (Certified Management Accountant) has been a prove that it’s holder are an expert in areas of financial planning, analysis, control, decision support, and professional ethics, the certificate is provided by the IMA – Institute of Management Accountants in the US and always considered as one of the top certificates in the field of accounting.
How CMA (Certified Management Accountant) would make your career better?
be in the corporate level: CMA makes it a lot easier for you to get a job in a corporate because it’s as we agreed before a prove of your wide knowledge and qualifications
Global Opportunities: with the CMA you would be totally ready for start working globally which means better and bigger companies which can be very useful for your career
More Money: studies showing that accountants with the CMA gets bigger salaries by 62%
What I need to get a CMA?
- A university degree in accounting or relevant degree
- 2 years of experience in accounting or a relevant field
- If you are an accounting student you can get the CMA
What is the content of the CMA?
Financial Planning, Performance,
15% External Financial Reporting Decisions
20% Planning, Budgeting, and Forecasting
20% Performance Management
15% Cost Management
15% Internal Controls
15% Technology and Analytics
Strategic Financial Management
20% Financial Statement Analysis
20% Corporate Finance
25% Decision Analysis
10% Risk Management
10% Investment Decisions
15% Professional Ethics
How much CMA cost?
The cost of the CMA can vary depending on the type of the membership you are getting:
- Professional membership total cost is: $1,325
- Academic membership total cost is: $945
- Student membership total cost is: $849
- Two-Year Student membership total cost is: $888
- How can I take the CMA?
There is an easy steps for taking the CMA anyone can do:
- Meet the CMA Education Requirements
- Pay for an IMA Membership
- Join the CMA Program
- Enroll in a CMA Review Course Program
- Begin Studying by Following a Proven Study Plan
- Register for a CMA Exam Part After Week 8 of Your Study Plan
- Take the CMA Exam
- Fulfill the Experience Qualification
- Apply for your CMA Certificate
- Comply with Ethical Standard and CPE